I am desperate for some good news.
All day I have been contemplating what to post this evening. I wanted to post something upbeat, happy. I wanted to share some not-necessarily breaking news but still happy thoughts that most people knew little about.
So, I went to my usual news sources and found the following lead stories.
Earthquake. Tsunami. Abduction. Rape. Arson. Drug Bust. Murder. Budget Cuts. Layoffs. NFL Breakdown.*
Ugh. See what I mean?
So let’s head over to happynews.com, my sister’s favorite news source, and see what’s happening.
- “30 Years Later, School Crush Leads To Marriage” Ooooh. That’s a nice one.
- “School Board Hero’s Purse Raises $26,000 for Charity” I like this one too. Remember that viral video where the school board member attacked the out-of-control parent?
- “Volkswagen Unveils New Version of Iconic Microbus” Woohoo! Now you KNOW I love this story! 🙂
- “Operation Smile and Smile Train Combine to Help More Children” This story makes me happy for so, so many reasons….
- “‘Snooki’ Cuts Hair for Locks of Love” What? Some celebrity not getting busted or suing somebody for 100 million? Shockingly wonderful!
That’s more like it…
I hope you all have a blessedly wonderful Friday night. Enjoy the ones who surround you, and let them know how much they really mean to you…
*(My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to those affected by all of these horrible stories. I mean no disrespect to any of them by not focusing more on their respective tragedies.)