|Thirteen Things that are on RUS' mind. . . .
3. It would make so much more sense to just get my coffee at school, or at least not attempt to drink it until I'm in my classroom.
4. But what fun would that be???
5. I miss my seniors who have just graduated. I really hope they are being as safe as they can be during senior week.
6. I saw the first draft of the cover for my book the other day, and it was absolutely thrilling. My book. My cover. My characters coming alive from an artist's interpretation of what she saw when she read the book. Too, too exciting.
7. I"m looking forward to spending a lot of time early in the summer getting the book ready for its November launch. I don't want any last-minute surprises or disappointments. This is one of those "big moments" that I want to make sure it goes just as I have planned it.
8. I am scared, though, of the reaction it might receive. I've played around with placing an author's statement at the beginning of the book to explain my position on some things. A little voice inside my head tells me to not go there, though. Let people just read the book, and don't intrude on their experience.
9. I've started working on my next story, not to mention a few other shorter works that are for a slightly younger audience. I don't know....There's just something about finding a rock in your yard that has a cryptic note painted on it. There's a real story there, for sure.
10. I'm going to enjoy visiting the other Thursday Thirteens today. When I went back into my archives to check the last time I did this, I was shocked that it was in November of 2006!
11. Playlist write now? One Love, by Bob Marley, Demo of While My Guitar Genly Weeps by George Harrison.
12. If you haven't checked out LOVE by the Beatles yet, please do it very soon. It is mind-blowing.
13. Speaking of mind-blowing, go here and check out the new computer coffee table. Beyond mind blowing!!!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants